2016 By The Numbers
I’m generally not a numbers person, but this year, the numbers don’t lie! We talk about how the movement is growing and, across the board, that is the case. This growth is a combination of exciting, frightening, and nerve-wracking all at once.
As I look towards 2017, I am beaming with excitement about what is next. We have some HUGE plans that will only be possible because of YOU. I know that you will continue to support us into one of the most game changing years of Harlem Run history. But first: the numbers, in no particular order.
- Welcomed 50+ first timers into the marathon club via the NYC marathon
- More than doubled Harlem One Miler participation - we had over 500 participants, two of whom are pretty well known (Hey, Spike Lee! Hey, Ida Keeling!)
- Welcomed 5 babies into the world (Congrats to Harlem Run members Dennis, Derek, Eloise, Derek, Ned, and Andrew!)
- Had 2 runners qualify for the Boston Marathon
- Started the first-ever "Run Walk" group of any NYC crew
- Welcomed hundreds of people to their first Harlem Run
- Celebrated 50+ members' "Harlem Runiversaries"
- Turned 3 years old and received the greatest gift there is from The Movement
- Partnered with Under Armour to bring you some incredible experiences (shouts to the Baltimore Running Festival Crew)
- Congratulated Alison (me) on being named one of the Top 20 Women Changing the Sport of Running (and the World) by Women’s Running Magazine
- Gained 2900 followers on IG
- Tripled our newsletter subscribers (head to harlemrun.com to subscribe now!)
- Launched our twitter account (give us a follow @harlem_run)
- Hosted the largest Turkey Trot in New York (unofficially, but I’m going to say it’s true)
- Welcomed Young Legendz from just a few months old thru 16 years old along with the crew
- Made countless friendships and romantic relationships
Can you think of anything I missed? What are some significant events that happened to you in 2016 thanks to the movement? I’d love to hear them so please comment below!
The last event of 2016 that we will be part of is the Midnight Run by NYRR. We encourage you to register for the race at nyrr.org and join many of us as we run into the new year…literally.
That’s all for 2016. See you in the New Year!