Pre-Marathon Events & Updates!
hope you are well. that anxious feeling in your chest - that's normal. that's the "oh-my-god-the-marathon-is-around-the-corner-feeling;" it means you're human :) we have a LOT of exciting things coming up for marathon week. hoping to make this your best racing week yet. here's what's coming up - grab a pen and paper.
· Monday 10/31 - Halloween MNR: wear a costume you can run in! 7pm; Marcus Garvey Park (bag drop at Harlem Shake by 6:55pm, no valuables!)
· Tuesday 11/1 – Westin Run: Join Powderedfeet for a NYC Marathon Shake out run with Run Westin. Meet at 6:30am in the hotel lobby for the run; all runners are welcomed, rain or shine. Refreshments and towels will be provided after the run (no showers on site). 270 West 43rd Street (at 8th avenue)
· Thursday 11/3 - Harlem Run at Under Armour Brand House: we will meet on 125th and St Nicholas at 6:30pm to take the D train down to the brandhouse together for a special Q&A with some surprise guests; poster making party; food/drink and race kit and cheer shirt pick up (Bring Cash!). Q&A will answer all questions on how to be prepared for race day - from logistics to what to expect.
· Friday 11/4 - November Project event: Many of us will be attending...Register HERE.
· Sunday 11/6 MARATHON MORNING! Cheer Station - starts at 10:45am at 124th and 5th avenue. There will be some surprises there from our partners Jack Rabbit and Marcus Garvey Park Alliance. This is ~ mile 22 of the race, when runners will need it most.
· 11/7 Marathon Monday – We will be joined by Finishline PT for some essential recovery tips. Come for a light run or walk and the ultimate medal Monday!!
We previewed the kit design on @harlemrungear last week. We are working to have them ready as soon as possible. Price: $40 for top and bottom. Be prepared to bring cash to the 11/3 event if you’re interested.
We previewed the shirt design on @harlemrungear last week. These will be $20. Be prepared to bring cash to the 11/3 event if you’re interested.
Aches and Pains?
Please take a moment to fill out this Injury Report via Finishline PT. We have partnered with them to get you the care you need so please- don’t hesitate to be in touch!
Ok PHEW. That was a lot. Please review this blog before asking a question you might be able to answer yourself. I'm trying to keep all the little hairs on my head this marathon season :)
Lots of Harlem Run Love,